An innovative and economic solution for your superplastic forming tools
This solution using fibres reinforced refractory castables (FRRC) provides SPF tools in brief delays and at low cost for your prototypes or your pre-series.
In some cases, the refractory castable tools can be considered as expendables.
This technology, specifically developed for the SPF process, is patented. Aurock owns an exclusive license for this patent.
Characteristics of Aurock tools
- Superplastic forming of titanium alloys at 900°C
- Surface finishing and dimensional accuracy regarding to the requirements of forming industry
- Possibility of manufacturing large dimension tools with complex shapes
- Almost the same utilization procedure as the metallic tools.
- Delivery time from 6 to 10 weeks
- Costs are reduced compared to metallic tools especially for high dimension tools.
- Tool design including specifities of SPF environment
- Tool sizing by finite elements modelling : mechanical aspect, mass optimization,…
- SPF process simulation to assess pressure cycle and final thickness of the sheet
- Dimensionnal check